Axioma Dental Clinic in Saint Petersburg offers up-to-date effective dental treatment technologies which make it possible to get rid of dangerous diseases quickly and with as little discomfort as possible.
Types of dental treatment
Every clinical case is studied by dental specialists individually. Dental therapists perform diagnostics and prepare patients for further procedures. Other specialists perform orthopaedic, periodontal and orthodontic treatment.
Main types of dental treatment:
- Dental restoration refers to procedures that restore the natural shape, shade and height of teeth, correcting visual defects, removing chips, fissures and consequences of injuries.
- Dental caries treatment refers to elimination of tissues damaged by bacteria at any stage; elimination of painful sensations and regaining functionality by placing fillings and, in some cases, placing ceramic inlays.
- Canal treatment refers to treating periodontitis and pulpitis caused by complicated caries or previous unsuccessful endodontic treatment.
The cost of treatment depends on individual characteristics of the organism and the stage of the disease.
To eliminate any risks of new infection sites springing up or decay, treatment plans normally include a regular medical checkup once every six months.
Symptoms showing the need to undergo dental treatment
Slight pain, oedema or discomfort during chewing are all good reasons to see the doctor. This will not only make the course of treatment simpler, but also reduce the price considerably.
- Bleeding gums: signal progressive periodontitis, which is damaging soft tissues and may result in tooth loss and associated infections.
- Experiencing pain when consuming sweet food and during exposure to heat is a caries symptom which shouldn’t be ignored, as the risk of pulpitis is high.
- Swelling of a part of the face is the result of gum boil formation because of an inflammatory process in the canals. It is necessary to see the doctor immediately. There is a high risk that such a tooth will have to be extracted.
- An unpleasant smell from the mouth is a sign of advanced caries and inflamed gums.
- Food stuck between teeth - appearing cavities may indicate hidden interdental caries in progress.
- Experiencing acute pain in a tooth or in the jaw spreading to the ear, the eye or the sinus requires an immediate visit to the doctor. The symptom may indicate an inflammatory process in the canals.
- Appearance of spots and dark areas on the enamel is a sign of developing caries.
Axioma Dental Clinic would like to invite patients to undergo effective and painless dental treatment. We restore arch functionality and superb aesthetic appearance at moderate prices. We perform preventive cleaning which can stop the development of dangerous oral diseases.