At our clinic, it is possible to have arch defects corrected quickly and with good quality using ceramic veneers. They are super-thin and lightweight plates made of a strong material, which are fixed on the front surface of a tooth. They are capable of correcting the tooth shape and colour, hiding small cracks and defects, and they can eliminate a tooth displacement. Veneers are unnoticeable for others and are meant to last indefinitely. These shells do not colour or crack.
Indications for placement
Ceramic veneers excel at hiding aesthetic defects and help to prevent further deterioration of damaged enamel.
- Macrodontia: two front teeth are larger than the neighbouring ones. Placing veneers on four teeth will make them look the same.
- Fluorosis: the enamel colour has changed significantly due to having too much fluorine in the organism.
- Strong ceramic veneers hide deep cracks and enamel irregularities.
- Position defects: displacement, rotation.
- Uneven cutting or side edge.
- Gaps: distemas, tremas.
- Loss of the natural shape.
Ceramic veneers can correct numerous defects; the procedure is painless and does not require a long recovery. If a tooth is severely decayed, with most of it missing, it is better to place zirconium dioxide crowns. Veneers do not prevent you from speaking or eating, allow you to preserve your usual diction and do not fall out.
The cost will depend on the production method.
One-piece ceramic veneers are made of lithium disilicate or porcelain. The material is pressed and baked, after which colouring agents and mammelons are applied layer by layer. This results in an item which is impossible to differentiate from natural enamel in terms of shade and structure.
Pressed veneers are made of super strong zirconium dioxide or porcelain paste. A specific feature of these models is that the material is pressed and baked simultaneously at a high temperature. The technology guarantees obtaining a highly precise item due to the single-step moulding of the base. Such veneers fit the teeth perfectly, completely imitating the tooth shade, shape and structure.
Pressed veneer production methods:
- Milling: after placing paste on a work piece frame, it is pressed and milled using a CAD/CAM technology. The strength of glass ceramic veneers can be as high as 550-990 MPa, whereas for porcelain the value is 150 MPa.
- Indirect method: veneers are manufactured on the basis of a wax model by applying layers of porcelain paste and pressing on a pressing machine. The strength of the item is up to 75 MPa.
Lumineers are a type of veneers looking like porcelain caps, which can cover the tooth completely on all sides or partially.
The dentist will perform an examination before correcting defects using veneers. It is necessary to have caries, pulpitis and gum inflammation treated, as well as doing professional dental cleaning and replacement of old fillings.
Stages of the procedure:
- Veneer try-in: evaluating the future result.
- Abrading teeth with an air turbine handpiece: filing down enamel to remove the amount equal to the veneer thickness.
- Creating cast models of teeth: an accurate model to be sent to the dental lab.
- Making veneers: a technician will study input parameters and manufacture an item in accordance with the technology. It will take 5 to 7 days.
- Placing veneers on teeth: in one visit, the dentist will fix the veneers using compositions which are not dissolved by saliva.
The procedure is painless and is performed under local anaesthesia. Strong ceramic veneers can last for 15-20 years or the whole life if used carefully. After placement, the patient needs to visit the dentist at least twice a year and do professional dental cleaning.
How to take care of veneers
- Teeth cleaning: at least twice a day.
- Paste: RDA index 30-50.
- Toothbrush: medium stiffness.
- Whitening compositions: not recommended for use.
- Oral irrigator: gentle cleaning, no risk of damaging veneers.
- Restrictions: avoid biting down on nuts, sunflower seeds, bones or rigid thread.
- To prevent chipping, have your teeth checked for contact at least twice a year. If the dentist identifies any protruding points, they will be timely polished.
Axioma Dental Clinic would like to invite you to a consultation where you can learn more about veneers and the cost of placement. We have our own dental lab and well-qualified dentists and technicians, so drop by for a flawless smile!
Doctors in this area
Tell about us: