Immediate tooth implantation
Immediate tooth implantation means placing an implant right after the tooth is extracted. This technique makes it possible to eliminate a dental arch defect in one visit to the clinic. An artificial root integrates faster and there is no risk of bone atrophy. The technique makes it unnecessary to restore thinned tissues. Both immediate and delayed loading is possible. The patient obtains a nice smile on the day of surgery and does not experience any discomfort.
Indications for immediate implants
This technique is applicable when a defect is found on the lower or upper jaw. The procedure eliminates the defect immediately, the correct gum contour is retained, and there is no need to correct it in the future. The technique is used for posterior tooth restoration if the bone tissue volume is sufficient.
- It is necessary to restore a tooth and conceal an aesthetic defect.
- Immediate tooth implantation is recommended when it is impossible to apply other prosthetic techniques.
- After the extraction of an affected, damaged or decayed tooth.
- The patient has had a gum injury.
- Doctor’s advice or patient’s wish.
Unlike the two-stage technique, the immediate one does not require a lot of time. The extraction of a damaged tooth and artificial root placement occur during one surgery. Single-stage tooth implantation involves placement of a temporary crown to be replaced by a permanent one after complete osseointegration.
Time is of essence
The longer the tooth is missing, the faster the jaw bone will atrophy. The pathological process develops in the horizontal and vertical directions. The walls of the socket converge, the gum heals completely, and the groove disappears. Placing an implant right after the tooth is extracted will ensure that the bone will not thin. It will not sink because of immediate loading.
Immediate implants make sure that there is no need to undergo bone restoration and delay surgery for a long time.
Advantages of the technique:
- There is no risk of bone atrophy - the natural tissue volume is preserved, the socket does not sink and the crown fits smoothly into the dental arch.
- Single-stage implants save money by making it unnecessary to pay for a sinus lift or resort to bone grafting procedures.
- Dental arch defects will be eliminated within 2 weeks - an artificial root and a temporary crown will be inserted on the day of the surgery, with full healing taking place in 14 days.
- Implants have a high integration rate because the osseointegration process is accelerated by inserting an artificial root into the empty socket.
- The healing process does not last long and is less painful for the patient.
In case of single-stage implantation, the dental arch will not shift or change its shape or outline. Occlusion will not be affected.
The cost of services
The price of immediate implants depends on the clinical picture and the need to perform extra procedures.
The total sum varies from RUB 54 900 (temporary abutment and temporary crown) to RUB 86 900 (titanium abutment and zirconium dioxide crown).
The stages and time frame of immediate tooth implantation
There are two protocols for eliminating dental arch defects - with immediate and delayed loading.
During a single-stage surgery with immediate loading, tooth extraction and implant placement occur at the same time. This technique is recommended for damaged, loose or decayed teeth. Single or multiple restoration is applicable for anterior and posterior teeth. There is no need to restore bone tissue.
- Preparation. It includes patient examination, a set of medical tests, OPTG, calculus removal, treatment, X-ray. Identifying contraindications for the procedure. It can take from 2 days to 3 weeks.
- Inserting an implant after tooth extraction. The damaged element is extracted from the socket atraumatically avoiding bone damage. The cavity is treated and checked for any remaining fragments. An artificial root is inserted and a bone substitute is applied around the point. The gum is sutured. The procedure takes up to 2 hours.
- Temporary prosthetics - placing removable immediate prostheses for posterior and anterior teeth. Lightweight plastic crowns are used for anterior teeth if single restoration is planned. In case of complete edentulism, acrylic prostheses are applied. The stage takes from 3 to 6 months.
- Immediate implantation is completed by placing permanent prostheses. It takes place after the complete osseointegration of the artificial root. The temporary crown is removed and impressions are taken. It takes 1 to 2 weeks for the dental laboratory to manufacture strong and reliable zirconium dioxide crowns.
The single-stage technique significantly reduces treatment time and the number of visits to the doctor.
Immediate tooth implantation is a minimally invasive process which is performed through a small diameter puncture. The implant is placed at an angle, which ensures its secure position and quick stabilization.
- Preparation. Consultation with the doctor, an examination, a set of medical tests, creating a surgical guide to ensure accurate positioning of the artificial root. The stage takes from 2 days to 2 weeks.
- Oral debridement: treatment and removal of calculus are performed in one visit. Dental tooth implantation: inserting an artificial root at an angle through a puncture. In case of complete edentulism, the All-on-4 technology is applied and the operating site is treated.
- Temporary prosthetics: placing lightweight crowns or a temporary removable prosthesis in case of a few missing teeth in the dental arch. The procedure takes from 3 to 4 days.
- Final prosthetics. After the complete integration of the implant, a crown made of super-strong materials, such as zirconia, is placed. An accurate impression is taken, and the laboratory manufactures the structure for about 2 weeks.
Indications and contraindications
- There are teeth to be extracted or severely damaged, carious, loose, partially or completely decayed teeth.
- Immediate restoration of one or several teeth in the smile zone.
- When it is required to place an implant immediately after tooth extraction.
- Bone tissue atrophy.
- Periodontal diseases.
- When it is impossible to apply the two-stage technology.
- Acrylic intolerance, since removable structures are made of this material.
- Wearing a prosthesis is not possible because of rubbing, discomfort or psychological barriers.
- An urgent extraction - no time to prepare the patient for artificial root insertion.
- A complicated extraction when the socket is severely damaged.
- Severe inflammatory processes.
- Mucous diseases.
- Blood diseases.
- Endocrine system disorders.
- Mental disorders.
- Syphilis, HIV.
- Allergy to anaesthetics.
- Weak immunity.
Axioma Dental Clinic performs immediate implantation using certified materials and the best tooth restoration systems.
Tell about us: