ZOOM 4 teeth whitening
ZOOM 4 teeth whitening is a technology which allows you to achieve a snow-white smile and a result lasting for 3-5 years in one visit. Tooth enamel becomes 5-10 shades whiter. The procedure is safe for the patient and does not damage the deep structures of the teeth. Even having super-sensitive teeth is not a contraindication for the procedure using a LED lamp and a special composition based on hydrogen peroxide with some enamel strengthening components. The doctor shines light on the enamel and can change light intensity. The result is a superb snow-white smile without any regular repeat bleaching procedures.
Preparing teeth for whitening
Before whitening, the doctor will examine the oral cavity to check for oral disorders that preclude the procedure.
The following is needed to ensure safe and painless Zoom whitening:
- Professional hygiene: removal of plaque and calculus.
- Caries and pulpitis treatment.
- Elimination of chips and cracks in the enamel.
- Remineralization. This procedure will restore thinned enamel to make it possible to use ZOOM 4 for effective teeth whitening.
- Using enamel strengthening paste for super-sensitive teeth.
Having teeth treated before whitening will guarantee that during the procedure the patient will not feel pain, the enamel will not become sensitive and the best result will be achieved. The doctor will schedule a teeth whitening procedure 5-7 days after dental problems are eliminated.
ZOOM 4 teeth whitening procedure
The procedure is divided into a few stages:
- Polishing: if necessary.
- Protective measures: ZOOM4 teeth whitening can be done only with special protective isolation for lips, cheeks and gums.
- Applying a bleaching gel: a compound containing 25% carbamide peroxide, calcium phosphate and a catalyst which triggers the enamel bleaching process under the action of light.
- After that, the ZOOM lamp is directed to the teeth zone in the smile line and stays their for 15 minutes to activate the gel. Light intensity can be adjusted. The cycle is repeated 3-4 times.
- The gel is washed off: the isolation is removed and the mucosa is thoroughly washed.
- Reinforcement: applying remineralizing compounds to reduce enamel sensitivity.
Unlike home whitening, the in-office whitening technology produces a better effect. The doctor controls light intensity during the procedure and can see the preliminary result.
Advice on how to maintain a snow-white smile
The price of effective teeth whitening is high, so it is worth following these rules to make the result last long:
- During the first two days after the procedure, avoid eating or drinking anything that can leave colour on enamel: coffee, berries, tea, red wine, chocolate, carrots, ketchup and beetroots. Ideally, do not use such products for two weeks, but if you do, make sure to rinse your mouth and clean your teeth after eating.
- Strictly follow the dentist’s advice.
- Avoid smoking for 3-5 days; smoking e-cigarettes is possible.
- 14 days: do proper hygiene after meals, use calcium toothpaste, a brush, an oral irrigator and dental floss. If it is not possible to clean your teeth, rinse your mouth after each meal.
- 5-7 days: it is necessary to do repeat remineralization in this period if enamel sensitivity increases slightly.
To make the whitening effect stay for long, do in-office professional hygiene periodically and monitor your oral health.
Contraindications for teeth whitening
The procedure is not allowed in the following cases:
- Under 18 yo.
- Pregnancy or a lactation period.
- Dental and gum diseases - must be eliminated first.
- Mental disorders.
- Taking drugs which can provoke high light sensitivity.
- Being allergic to bleaching gel components.
Axioma Dental Clinic would like to invite patients dreaming of obtaining a flawless snow-white smile to a consultation. No pain, moderate prices, advanced teeth whitening technologies.
Doctors in this area
Tell about us: